September 11, 2020
We were notified a short time ago that three individuals at FHS and one individual at Lincoln have tested positive for COVID-19. Our thoughts are with these individuals as they navigate this illness, and we wish them an easy and quick recovery. Our goal in sending out this notification is to be as transparent as possible in providing the information our families and employees need to remain as healthy as possible during this uncertain time.
At the direction of the St Francois County Health Department, all students and employees who were exposed to the individual who tested positive for COVID-19 have already been individually contacted. Those needing to self-isolate and quarantine to help stop the spread have already been directed to do so. District sanitation practices were immediately implemented as well.
As a reminder, we would like to share the following information in regards to what steps we can all take to help reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and report any to your student’s doctor and school.
- If an employee or student has been directly exposed to someone positive for COVID-19, please report that to your school.
- When social distancing is not possible, wear a mask or face covering unless a medical condition does not allow for it.
- Wash your hands and sanitize frequently.
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website for updates about COVID-19.
It is very important to us that we reiterate our firm commitment to implementing practices and procedures that will help keep students and employees healthy and safe at school. We will continue to implement these practices and to learn from this situation and how we can work together to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
If your student is under quarantine, Farmington R7 School District will offer instruction to your student via Virtual Instruction (VI) or Alternative Methods of Instruction (AMI). Please contact your student’s building administrator for additional information regarding VI or AMI. If you have questions regarding the process associated with contact tracing or quarantine, please contact the St. Francois County Health Department at (573) 431-1947.